Sunday, January 12, 2014

The Keeping of promises



True Love's lament ..


You remember those times, don't you ..?  
the first day we met by the coffe house ...  
I, with all those nerdy glasses ..  
& you  .. with those pristine smiles ...  

that day I asked you out for a date ...  
Your mom hiding well her irritation ..  
& your dad emphasizing in earnest .. 
The dire consequence of being late ...  

that memorable day by the aisle ...  
You in that be lovely dress ..  
and me ...  a dork headlost in love ...  

You would perhaps remember ....  
the minutest times we had ...  
all those plans we made ...  
for the 2 little children we would have ...  

You would remember, I am certain  
the day you took on that tumor ...  
how you promised you would be back ...  
all hearty & healthy again ...  

Your promise .. remained in vain ..  
you didn't come back ..  
Our daughter  left alone with me ...  
& I lost all alone on the track ..  

You would remember today is her wedding  
She is as beautiful as you were ...  
I did my best, as I promised ..  
If only, you would be here ... if only you remembered ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment