Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Doctor's lament ....




Through the eyes of those healers ....




My journey through the hospital alley ... 
  
revealed a few intimate things .. 
  
That cute little girl by the window .. 
  
Her voice melodious as she sings ... 
  
  
  
It's a little birthday song for her brother .. 
  
thin as a needles, bald as an egg shell ... 
  
And as the lady sang her heart out .. 
  
we , mere mortals, watched mesmerized by her spell.. 
  
  
  
Her song ends in a fascinating flurry .. 
  
a lovely kiss on her brother's head ... 
  
His eyes masking his sorrow ..  ... 
  
The haunting image of a tragically forlorn 'bed' .. 
  
  
  
She's made peace with herself ... 
  
her brother courageous in his sad smile ... 
  
He gives her a heart-warming hug ... 
  
Something she's been waiting for a long while .. 
  
  
  
I bring her a bunch of Roses ... 
  
slightly smashed.. I painfully confess... 
  
She accepts them with an endearing embrace ... 
  
Her radiance breathing life in those flowers 
  
  
  
I take her readings ..perhaps for a final time ... 
  
Her eyes  keen on me  .. awareness of the same ... 
  
She asks me if I would like to hear a joke .. 
  
The least I could do for the lovely  dame. 
  
  
  
She vaults into her humor, chipering all the while .... 
  
And her jokes ..  As radiant as her lovely smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment