Sunday, January 12, 2014

A 'Market'ing Moment ....


Laughing at the self ....



The early morning sun ... 
witness to an odd adventure or two ... 
bore a silent witness .. 
... to a weird little drama about to brew ... 

She is the attraction of the market 
her beauty for all to see... 
predatory eyes scanning for a prey .... 
and her gaze fell upon me ..... 

My cycle stood listless .. 
the tyres deflated beneath my hideous weight.. 
and all those memories rushed in .. 
Oh !!! like politicos barging at hell's gate !! 

She wore a 'winning' smile, 
a cross between 'batman's Joker' & 'Borat' ... 
Her routine still the same, 
the finesse of a gold necklace 24 carat !!!! 

Time reduced to a trickle & distance to a few feet ... 
she's definitely someone .. I suggest ur parents should meet .. 

Her head delicately balancing the warez, 
a baby listfully dangling by her arms 
she traps me wih her little puupy dog eyes ... 
and I fall headlong into her devious charms ! 

She narrates her goodamn fate .. 
of trials, tribulations, love & hate !! 
I am no sucker for emotions ... 
except on occasions such as these ... 

my hands reach for my pockets ... 
toying for a sympathy note of twenty .. 
Her eyes celebrating a victory, 
ahh!! the sweet smell of easy bounty !! ... 

No sign of a twenty in my pocket ... 
nor a measly penny or two ... 

I looked defeatedly at her, 
my hands revealing a hole ... 
and I swear I could hear her say 
'Screw you !! You cheap a****** !!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment